Augmented reality (AR) is a virtual perception of the contents of real-world environment. It augments them by using GPS data, graphics, and other computer-generated sensory inputs like audio and video. It is like digital/virtual manifestation of environmental contents in real time and in 3D settings to enrich sensory view of an ‘already perceived’ environmental reality.
Augmented reality works on two approaches: location and marker based:
1. Location based AR gives you geographical information about a location nearby: hotel, restaurant, church, schools, hospitals, museums etc.
2. Marker-based AR reads symbol or barcode of an object to give you digital experience of an interactive pattern. Means, if you hover camera of your smartphone onto a marker, you get the visual detail of the object on your phone’s screen.
The way AR is skyrocketing its popularity in commercial fields, it will become a big trend in near future. Brands and commercials promoted by AR technology foster a die-hard suspension of belief for target customers.
Here’s “At a glance” review of how it would assist your business:
1. Innovative shopping tool for your retailing business:To create an everlasting impression on target customers is herculean task in retailing business. With increasing competition among retailers, how to standout your image is very challenging. Augmented Reality technology as online dressing room extends an assistance indescribable because of the way it helps your customers self-examine the fitting and style of an attire before buying. This spells improved customer-engagement for your retailing business. Eventually, the business undergoes lucrative growth because of influx of customers caused by AR virtual dressing room.
2. Brings customers to your business: If you run a hotel, restaurant or a bank, AR enabled smartphone of your potential customer can bring him/her to your hotel/restaurant or bank. This happens when the customer holds up his smartphone in the air and the AR app installed in the phone device receives layer of information about nearby locations like a hotel, a restaurant or a bank and relays it on the phone’s screen. Your hotel or bank is prioritized by the customer according to the inputs received by AR on his phone.
3. Best advertising tool: Ever heard of AR campaigns led by National Geography Channel? Its AR ad presented a wonderful immersive augmentation of wild life, and many mystic things that audiences felt totally REAL! To say the least, brands incorporate AR into their desired campaigns to create increasing customer engagement.
1. AR in Advertising System: Augmented reality technology involves in numerous advertising systems like Wi-Fi marketing, networking and audio based marketing systems.
For example, Localo, which is a mobile augmented reality application, functions on the signature tune of Wi-Fi marketing system whereby any business industry, for example, a hotel, can notify customers within its proximity about free usage of Wi-Fi service in order to entice them into visiting the hotel to spend few times. It will thus improve customer engagement for the hotel. The restaurant would encourage customers by messaging them on their phone about availability of foods and edible stuffs at discounted price.
2. AR as Virtual Fitting Room App: Another use of AR as virtual trial room app involves self-examination of any virtual goods like garment, watch and others to evaluate their fitting and style before one may decide buying an item.
This is reciprocal marketing system benefiting both the shoppers and the retailers. The retailers are benefited because of increasing customer retention while the shoppers because of convenient shopping.
3. AR as a Geo-Locator: AR corroborates pioneering approach of combining location based search with its own visual impact to innovatively present information about particular location or landmark. This in resultant consequence helps marketers extend the circle of their reach to maximum number of prospective customers from a particular location.
Common users are benefited by receiving geo-location information in the spur of the moment.
Adstuck is the biggest and the most innovative firm working on augmented reality in India. Our browser which is available on all major platforms including Android, iPhone, Windows, Blackberry and Symbian, is the fastest delivery platform currently available. We have been designing Augmented Reality applications in various fields including advertising, marketing, utility, education, entertainment and others. With hundreds of brand activations and almost all print companies of India onboard, we have proudly created a lot of digital magic throughout the world.
As a leading Augmented Reality development company, Adstuck has developed several AR applications as augmented reality examples, compatible with most of the smartphone platforms like Android, IPhone, Windows and Symbian. After years of research and development, Adstuck has established international presence in the same industry. We craft premium 3D experiences for a growing network of digital organizations. Adstuck has delivered services to leading brands like Maruti Suzuki, Times of India and others.
With the dedicated team effort and tireless work of technocrats Adstuck is spreading the Augmented Reality technology to each and every corner of the world. Our AR experts are dedicated to the development of not only fast, easy and useful Augmented Reality applications, but also to make it elegant and effective that enables user to gain detailed information within shortest time-duration.